Audio/Video Technician (P/T) – Johnson City, TN
We’re looking for audio/video technicians to fill part-time positions with possible advancement to a full-time career. Prior A/V experience is not required, but experience in construction and electronics or similar fields (cable/satellite, electrical, alarm, telecom, etc.) is preferred.
As a ProWire A/V Tech, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment on many different types of job sites, indoor and out, day and night, in various weather conditions. You will primarily be working with a team, but may occasionally work alone. You will receive on-the-job training, and you will be encouraged to seek out the support of your team to ensure your success, and the success of the project.
Date Posted: 6/7/17
Position: Audio/Video Technician
Location: Johnson City, TN
Job duties and responsibilities:
• Read and interpret construction and wiring diagrams
• Understand basic concepts of connectivity
• Identify appropriate cabling routes in different types of structures
• Access attics and roofs by ladder, as well as basements and crawlspaces
• Install, identify, and terminate coax, cat5e/cat6, speaker wire, etc.
• Install A/V equipment in appropriate locations using approved hardware and methods
• Connect A/V components and organize cables neatly in equipment racks
• Perform basic programming and setup of A/V components
• Pass a drug screen / background check
• Have a clean driving record and possess a valid driver’s license.
• Have reliable transportation to and from job sites if necessary (mileage will be reimbursed).
• Have a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
• Be willing to travel (lodging and per-diem provided).
• Maintain a tool bag with basic hand tools. Job specific tools will be provided.
Based on experience